Thursday, July 17, 2008

Potty Training

This Monday morning I decided that it was time to start potty training Noah, so... :-) What an interesting week! By Tuesday he was at about 50% success rate, but I felt like we were spending about 1/2 of our life in the bathroom - was he really getting it?? I was wondering if I was crazy, and if I should just wait until he started jr. high to start the potty training. Just kidding! But seriously, he has done really well. This blanket here, or in the kitchen, or outside, is where we spent most of our time this week in case he did have any accidents.

Today was a big day as far as potty training accomplishemnts go. I needed to go to the grocery store, and was wondering what I should do with the potty situation - well, I decided to just go for it. We went to the store and Noah had on his big boy underwear and jeans, and I just brought a change of clothes, figuring I would probably need to change him. Well, he made it the through the whole trip. And it turns out I had to go to the grocery store again later because I though we had ground ginger and I needed it for dinner - anyways, he made it through that whole trip as well. Noah actually didn't have any accidents the whole day, and he went pee on the toilet probably 4 or 5 times, and are you ready for this???......


He went poop on the toilet today too!! I know, I know, you are as excited as I am! :-) Who would have thought you would get that excited about your childs poop. It actually happened when Doug was there with him and I was taking a much needed nap. Well, Doug "saved it" in the toilet for me, because he thought I might want to see it, and rrr... take a picture. Yep, I took a picture! I will spare you the details on that one though! (Actually Doug said I couldn't post it!!) I am so proud of Noah! I know we aren't quite through the forest yet, but he has been such a trooper so far. He really likes the "potty dance" we get to do afterwards as celebration. :-)

No comments: