Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Favorite parenting website

I am often one to over analyze things, even as far as to what I should put on this blog... Well, this is one of those things that I have debated whether or not to put on, because I know that there will be people out there that after reading this will think that I am one of those weirdos that have some crazy ideas about child raising and the world in general. Well, since that is true I might as well not try to hide it. :-) I figured I would go ahead andshare this for those it would benefit. So, here we go - this is one of my favorite parenting websites:

www.raisinggoldlytomatoes.com

I know - pretty strange name for a website. She explains it on her site, and it is a pretty cool metaphor. The website has some wonderful pearls of wisdom, and has helped us a lot in our parenting! Beware... it does talk about "crazy" things like keeping your kids close, homeschooling them, not having T.V. etc. (We didn't have TV channels at home even before I had found her book). Basically the main page of her website is the bulk of the book that she has written over the years. She is a Godly mom who is raising 10 wonderful children. Like I was alluding to, there are some things on there that I am sure some people will dismiss as not being for them, or just plain weird, but even if you don't agree with a few things, if you read it with an open mind and heart I think you will be blessed!

No comments: