Monday, September 15, 2008

Jokes, Rhyming and Old McDonald

Noah is learning to tell Jokes - it is pretty funny what he comes up with. Most of the times they are knock knock jokes. For example: Knock Knock. Who's there? Thomas. Thomas Who? Thomas the train. That is funny if you are 2! Or if you are his parents. :-) We also taught him how he could make anything into a knock knock joke by rhyming. For example: Knock Knock. Who's There? Noah. Noah Who? Noah Boa Goa.

Noah likes to rhyme in general, and it is pretty amazing to me that he gets the concept of rhyming. Of course, he is my kid, so everything by default is amazing. :-) As I was writing this I got to thinking that maybe he just knew how to rhyme the specific words that we had taught him. So I asked him - What rhymes with flower? At first he said "I don't know", but then after I gave him a minute he said "Flower - Dower", so then, just to be sure, I asked him what rhymed with cup, and he said "Cup - Zup".

On the side of NOT knowing things, when we drove by McDonald's today, he said "There is Old McDonald's". I wasn't sure I heard him right so I asked him and he repeated himself. I still wasn't sure I heard him right because "old" can sound a bit like "Ronald" if said really fast. So I asked him: Do you mean Ronald McDonald? He said: No Mommy, Old McDonald's. And then he broke out the song, just to make sure I got it. On that note, Noah thinks that all fast food type restaurants are McDonald's. As a family we haven't eaten fast food in a long time (yeah for saving $$$!), unless you count the free chicken sandwiches I brought home from Chick-Fil-A the other day - they were yummy! (There, I blogged about it!) :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW, Noah is very young intelligent boy!!