Monday, February 2, 2009

25 random things about Heather

I was "tagged" on facebook for writing 25 random things about myself and just posted this there. I normally don't do these types of things, but I enjoyed reading/learning about other people, so I figured I should put something up for those that wanted to know more about me... and figured I should post it here too. So, here are some random things about me!

1. I love listening to God and am working on doing it more consistently. It is amazing to me that He loves to communicate with us.

2. It would be much easier for me if this were 25 random things about your spouse / children... i.e., my husband is currently getting his PhD. in ancient history from UCLA. etc.

3. I climbed halfdome when I was in high school.

4. I drove a 4x4 Jeep Wrangler as my first vehicle... and I didn't get to get my driver's license on my birthday because when we went I had a brake light out, and my Dad wouldn't let 'his daughter' take her driver's test on an automatic transmission.

5. I love being my parents' daughter. I am an only child. The other day a friend shared with me that I was the only only child that he knew that he couldn't tell right away (because of being totally messed up in one way or the other)... maybe he will reconsider after reading this.

6. I peek at my children every night before I go to bed. I love being a mommy - I enjoy my kids so much.

7. We don't go to church... at least not a church building. We are the church, and we "do" simple church / home church.

8. We would love to have a lot of kids. As many as God blesses us with... we are leaving that up to Him.

9. I played Volleyball and soccer in highschool. They didn't have a girls soccer team, so I played on the guys team.

10. We plan on homeschooling our children and giving them a classical education.

11. I have a hard time making friends; I always think that someone wouldn't want to be my friend.

12. I love my Arbonne business and the freedom and options it has given our family. I enjoy helping other women with the same thing.

13. I am married to my best friend and wouldn't have it any other way. He is an amazing man of God, treats me like a princess, is a hard worker, a wonderful dad, AND he does most of the laundry and dishes. (I am working on changing that last one).

14. I have little patience for puzzles or online games. The other day Noah and I did a 25 piece puzzle and that was just about over my threshold. Our family does play a lot of board games.

15. Being real... I have clinical depression. I over analyze things to a fault and decisions can sometimes be very overwhelming for me. I have challenges with over eating... serious challenges.

16. We have 2 cats - Ninja and Mama.

17. When I first met my husband after going to a Bible study for the first time I went home and told my parents that it was a really neat group of people, but there wasn't anyone there that I would consider marrying. Glad God knows better than me.

18. I can recite Mel Gibson's pre-battle speech from Braveheart. I even have a trophy for best performance at a talent show.

19. I can't sing well - not well at all. I can, however, make a joyful noise.

20. Both of my babies were born via C-section, after 31 and 24 hours of labor.

21. My daughter had to be transported to Doctor's Hospital in Modesto after she was born, and we didn't get to bring her home for 13 days.

22. We really enjoy going to Carmel. My Grandma has a house over there, and we try to go every few months at least. Lot's of special memories.

23. I planned on having Abigail at home and did a good portion of the labor at home, in a birthing tub.

24. I call my children Pooka (as in pooka shell).

25a. I cut my kids' hair.

25b. I have lived in Hawaii.

25c. I believe a wooden spoon is very helpful in training your children properly.

25d. I have loose shoulder joints. I have dislocated my shoulders playing volleyball, surfing, rock climbing and sleeping (dangerous sport). I have since had 2 shoulder surgeries.

25e. I love ice cream. LOVE it.

No comments: