Monday, February 2, 2009

Noah amazes me...


Noah continues to amaze me - what a gift from God! He is going to be three this month, on the 19th. He is such a good boy and such a joy. Often he will just out of the blue say "Mommy, I love you." He is talking and conversing so much. He loves to pretend, he loves to tell stories, and have stories told to him. After we took Daddy dinner tonight at Fresno State there was a big bar that was blocking off a field, and he asked if we could go in there. I told him it was closed and that was just a bar that could be opened for emergency vehicles to go through... so he asked to be told a story about that field and an emergency vehicle going through. So I told him one and then he told me one.

He loves to be read to also, and he can recite a lot of his books. Tonight when we were reading his Baby Bible, there is a prayer at the end of each one. I have him repeat it after me. One of tonight's stories was about Noah and the ark, so it said, "Thank you God for taking care of all of the animals and for taking care of me." I started with "Thank you God for taking..." and he said "Thank you God for taking us to heaven." So sweet.

When we were playing Geotrax this afternoon he threw the switch on the track to make one of the trains go the other way and he said: "Mommy, I diverted your train". Diverted? Seriously, you are not even 3! I didn't tell him that - I just told him that was a really big word and I was proud of him.

Later this afternoon he was sitting at the table having a snack and I was making dinner. He said: "Mommy, I have a question for you." I replied - yes? He asked "Do Koala bears eat pineapples?" This must have been a very pressing question for him... :-) Anyways, I told them that I didn't think so, that they mostly eat bamboo, but that we could do some research and find out for sure. So I guess we will be researching Koala bears tomorrow.

Thank you God for such a wonderful son.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Noah amazes me too!