Thursday, October 30, 2008

Costco

Always make sure you take your debit card to Costco!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or an American Express or check book) I almost learned that lesson the really hard way. I was in the checkout lane with Abigail in the Ergo carrier, and about 200$ of stuff on the conveyor thingy when I had the dreaded thought/picture of my debit card being at home on the counter. I had a moment of utter panic. I explained to the lady that I wasn't sure if I had my debit card and asked her for a minute to let me look. She asked if I had an A.E. card, which I don't, at this point I was going through all my options - call Doug and see if he would wake Noah up from his nap and come rescue me, call me mom for the same, ask them if they could leave the groceries in a cart (but 1/2 of it was frozen stuff), when she asked me if I had a check. I had a glimmer of hope as I thought I remembered having my checkbook in my purse, which I usually don't. Phew!!! Praise God! I did have it! Hooray - such a big relief.

There was also this REALLY friendly mature Chinese couple who were intent upon helping me with everything (unloading the cart onto the conveyor - pushing the cart to my car for me - unloading it all). On the way our the lady said (with a heavy Chinese accent) "In our country we wear out babies on our back so we have both hands free!" Next time you come over have me do an impersonation for you, when I did it for Doug and the Morris family it was pretty funny - or so I though! That really was a neat blessing and gift of service they gave me.

In other Costco news: If you are a bacon fan at all, you've gotta get their already cooked bacon. YUM! And it is so easy. I always hate the mess of cooking bacon, and this is delicious and you can eat it cold or put it in the micro. and it is perfect. Great for throwing in beans or on top of burgers.

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Already discovered that one, Jared is a huge bacon fan, he always jokes about wanting to buy a 200lb pig.

Wedehase Family Blog said...

I just did that same thing, but at the grocery store a few weeks back! I too, never carry my checkbook, but for some reason it was in my purse that day.

I hate that feeling of your heart in your stomach and panic that rushes through you in moments like this.

Thanks for sharing! Glad I'm not the only one who forgets my cards at home! :)