Saturday, November 1, 2008

FIRE!!! :-)

Tonight "the boys" were all over here playing board games in victory of Doug passing his exam. (Yes, he passed - yeah!!!) Anyways, Jessica came with her husband David, and we decided to bake the boys some cookies. So we got busy putting everything together and I turned the oven on to preheat it. Only thing was I had forgotten that Doug had put the last pizza box in the oven to keep it warm. A minute or so later I was melting the butter in the microwave and I smelled something really funny. I peered in at the butter, and then it hit me - "Oh no! The pizza box!!" So I got Doug's attention and he came and got the box that was on fire and carried it outside. It was still on fire but Doug had gone back in to open the windows etc. so the fire alarm wouldn't go off. Darren heroically came out to... rescue the pizza, he scooped up the slices and took them inside. I was left outside with the burning box. Then Jessica came out with a big glass of water that we poured on the burning pizza box. Yeah Jessica! Phew! All that happened was my pride got hurt (especially since this is the 2nd fire I have caused in an oven), and we had "smoked pizza" - I guess that could be a specialty item?? Well, praise the Lord it wasn't any worse! Jessica said it was pretty funny how I calmly asked Doug "Doug, can you please come in here? - the oven is on fire".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!! That is pretty scary!
I remember once I was was taking toast out of the oven and my hot mit touched the hot burner and it lit on fire!! I was so scared to take anythings out of the oven after that!! :)