Saturday, November 15, 2008

WinCo

I have a love/hate relationship with WinCo. Namely, I love WinCo and WinCo hates me. Not really, but it sure felt like it. I went to WinCo the other day, no I take that back, I went to WinCo 3 times the other day. I seriously debated blogging about this, because it is almost too embaressing, but I am over myself now, and I figure you might get a good laught, and if nothing else it makes me more real.

So heres the story - I decided to go on an adventure and go to WinCo the other day for our shopping. (Yes, that is what I call an adventure). I loaded up the kids and headed out. It isn't close to our house, but I had been wanting to try it and figured since Doug was out of town and I didn't have much planned for the day it would be a good day to go.

Boy, that place is big!! But I was in shopping heaven. Noah and my eyes both got really big when we got to the bulk food area, where you put everything in the little bags and tag them. To me, that is SO much fun. Getting to get a little bit of this and an little bit of that. (That is why I love buffets and pot-lucks so much!) It was all such amazing value! I got dried fruit, pistachios, peanuts, pizza dough mix, wheat germ, etc... and a few mini lollipops "wawwy-pops" (Noah still have a hard time with l's), for a special treat. We also got diapers for both kids, cat food, fire wood, marshmellows, you know, all of the necessities.

Well, we had shopped for quite a while - Abigail was in the Ergo carrier and being quite a trooper. And then it happened... we were in line and I swiped my card and it said "Enter Pin". I told her I wanted to pay with credit because that card wasn't a debit. (Is this all starting to seem a little like de-ja-vu?). Well, turns out they don't take credit, and this time I wasn't so lucky to have a spare check on me, and like a silly girl I hadn't put my other credit/debit card back in my purse. Ack!!!

I was trying to look on the bright side, and thinking "well, I guess it was fun to pick everything out and now I can pick it all out again". The kind lady then said that they could hold everything for me for a few hourse in their walk in cooler. So I went home, fed the kids and put them down for a nap - then we headed back to WinCo. We were in a bit of a hurry, because I was trying to get back before Abigail's next nap, as I wasn't able to leave right after her other one. Anyways, got there and I am in the parking lot looking for the debit card, and couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Ack!!! I went in to ask them if they could hold if for me longer, and also to see if possibly they would just be able to key in my debit number, but they said no.

So - we headed back home, Abigail napped again, and then we headed back out to WinCo. Mind you, this is no short jaunt from our house! So 3rd time is the charm and we got to buy our food and groceries. Noah had a great attitude the whole time, and we actually had a lot of fun listening to this new children's book on c.d. on the way It has a lot of songs on it as well - I think I had it all just about memorized by the last trip home. I rewarded Noah with one of those lollipops on the way home. It was a good excercise for me in patiance, trusting God, and not getting upset about the things I can't change.

I did seriously debate after the first and second time if I should just cut my losses, call them and say I wasn't going back. But like I said I had a lot of groceries, and a lot of it was necessities - like the cat food and diapers.

Oh yeah, it turns out I had left my check and debit card on the top of my car from when I was putting the kids in their car seats. When I got back from the 2nd trip they were in the street by our house. Thank you Jesus that they were still there!! And yes, I did put my debit card back into my wallet so hopefully I won't get into this predicament again.

No comments: