Saturday, November 22, 2008

3 fire alarms...

The other night in the middle of the night we had THREE smoke detectors start chiming (loudly) that they were out of batteries! What are the chances - 3 in 1 night?? I said maybe it was because we had changed all of their batteries at the same time last time. Doug thinks it is a wiring issue. Anyways, I am thankful that it was on a night that Doug was home!!! Just one more way that he takes care of all of us. :-) Funny thing is, I hadn't even heard the chiming, I only heard Doug once he was pulling the dresser across the room to stand on to reach the smoke detector. I am a SOUND sleeper!

2 comments:

marcie favelo said...

We will be adding a stepladder to his Christmas list

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need one of those talking fire alarms that I have read about for kids, because they also can easily sleep through a smoke alarm. I think they have them with the parent's voice telling the child to leave.

You sure need something that will work if it happened to be the real thing and Doug isn't there.