Monday, November 24, 2008

Bath in a shower

I think I have come up with something wonderful.

A bath in a shower.

Here is how it started: Abigail loves to be given a bath. She loves to play with the little bath toys, kick her little legs excitedly and splash her hands all about. The only problem is, with all of that splashing about, it seemed like her goal was to get all of the bath water out of the tub and onto me or the floor. This turned it into something that was more of a chore that a fun experience. Either change into clothes I didn't mind getting sopping wet, and cover the floor with towels, or skip her bath.... babies don't get that dirty anways do they??

I regress - the other factor is I LOVE taking showers. Nice, long, hot showers.

So, the next time I needed to take a shower, and Abigail was awake, I decided to take her little bath tub in there with me, fill in up with warm water and let her splash away while I took my shower. It was a win-win and we both had a wonderful time. You do have to have a rather large shower for this to work out, but ours is perfect for it, I sit on the built in ledge/seat, enjoy my nice long shower, and I get to watch Abigail happily splash in the water and play with her little toys. (The baby also needs to be able to sit up on their own in the little bath for it to work).

No comments: