Saturday, November 15, 2008

Obedience

Obedience in our house means:

1. You obey quickly
2. You obey completely
3. You obey cheerfully

If we tell Noah to do something he needs to do it quickly, completely, AND cheerfully. If not, it is disobedience. I have found that having this definition of obedience really helps with his attitude and the heart of the matter when being obedient. It is often a mirror to myself - if Noah isn't obeying cheerfully or completely, I look at myself and my obedience to the Lord and there is often something there. So then I have to repent and ask for God's help. It is also often because I haven't been being 100% consistent - then it is time to up the diligence and work on being more consistent. It is such a privilege and joy to have these children and get to train them up in the way of the Lord. It is so wonderful to see the fruit of our labor already in Noah. He is such a blessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are continually working on the first two but I think I need to work on the cheerfully part with my kids! Sierra has been such an easy child but Caleb on the other hand is quite challenging!