Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Feeling shell shocked

Not sure what to write, but wanted to give a quick update so that those of you that have been praying for our family would know how to pray. The other day as I was explaining to Doug how I was feeling the term "shell shocked" came to mind. I am sure this is nothing close to that, but on top of adjusting to being a mom of two, I am having a bit of a rough time adjusting to Abigail's screaming. She screams a lot. Even in the NICU, the Dr. said he was sure she was going to be a soprano, and that she "sang" a lot. His nice way of saying that she was a screamer. (She is showing us her lungs are nice and healthy!) So please pray for me, as sometimes all of the screaming can be a lot to handle by the end of the day. It is also hard to get things done because if I set her down she is much more likely to scream. And then there are those times that even when I am holding her and doing all the things I know to do, she will not stop screaming. Also pray that if there is something bothering her we will figure it out! We are going to go to the Chiropractor this week to see if there might be anything out of alignment. God is good and He always gives me grace to get through the day. (Doug helps out SO much when he is in town, and my parents are a big help when he is out of town).

1 comment:

marcie favelo said...

You couldn't find the English button and I put my comment on the wrong item...oh well. Hang in there honey, she just needs to get her bearings and adjust to being a baby. Might take awhile but it will come. Hopefully, it will be sooner than later. Love you lots, Ciao