Thursday, May 8, 2008

We are home!!!

Quick update - Just wanted to let you all know that we are home!!!!! Praise God! Thank you for all of your prayers! We got to come home 1 day early, because Abigail had pulled out her IV line that was going into her tummy, and so they gave her another IV line in her foot. That one only lasted 2 days so the doctor wanted to retest her to see if her infection was gone and it was! I am so happy to be home! I am getting the hang of the Mommy to 2 routine, and as I was already feeling worn down coming home from Modesto, now I am super exhausted. Doug got to come home last night also, so it was a big homecoming! Doug has been great, but I am thinking after last night he is exhausted to! :-) As we were saying our goodnight prayers he was praying very earnestly that Abigail would go to sleep. She did after a while, but then woke up every 2 1/2 hours to eat, and each time Doug would get up too, to get her a warmer outfit, another pacifier, or whatever it was she needed. We are trying to give Noah a lot of love and attention - and he seems to be adjusting well.

We are so thankful to have our little girl home and healthy. God is good. Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

I will try to add some new pictures later today. Right now I am going to take a nap!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PTL! I've been checking each day and knew that today was supposed to be the day. Glad to hear that she was able to get home early.

Will be praying for the adjustment and especially sleep issues (I need to do better on getting more sleep myself, but I don't have 2 kids to keep me up).

Will be checking later for the pictures when ever you are able to get to them.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!! She is so beautiful and by looking at how happy she is, you'd never know she had been sick at all. It'll take a little time for all of you to get used to being together, but it will all come together soon and you'll be able to get the rest you need. We can't wait to meet Abigail and see you and Noah again. Take care and see you soon.