Sunday, May 4, 2008

Staying till Thursday

They took Abigail's blood work this morning, and the levels that calculate how much infection is in her body were not yet low enough, so she has to do 3 more days of her antibiotics. When we first arrived her level of C Reactive Protien was 14 and it is now down to 1.4. I guess it needs to be under .5 for it to be considered normal. So she has 1/10th of the infection level that she came to Modesto with. She gets her antibiotics through a tube that goes in through her belly button. She ate really well this morning, and then konked out it my arms for 2 1/2 hours. I was enjoying every minute of it because I know when we get home Noah will need a lot of attention too. Of course I would like to be going home tomorrow, but praise God that she is doing so well and that the medicines are doing their job.

Doug is going to need to go back to school on Monday, so that means that Noah will get to stay the rest of the week with Grandma and/or Papa. One of them is going to be up here with me, as there is very limited parking at the hospital here and the parking garage is a good hike away. They are being such a huge help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy little Abigail is doing so much better. She's a beautiful baby! I can't wait to meet her. You will continue to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm so blessed God has kept little Abigail healthy!!! We still pray for full recovery, and that she can come home soon!!!